The Quiet American is a novel by Graham Greene that was first published in 1955.
Read our full plot summary and analysis of The Quiet American, scene by scene break-downs, and more.
Summary & Analysis
- Part One, Chapter 1
- Part One, Chapter 2
- Part One, Chapter 3
- Part One, Chapters 4 + 5
- Part Two, Chapter 1
- Part Two, Chapter 2, Sections I–III
- Part Two, Chapter 2, Section III, continued
- Part Two, Chapter 2, Section IV + Chapter 3, Section I
- Part Two, Chapter 3, Sections II–III
- Part Three, Chapter 1, Sections I–II
- Part Three, Chapter 1, Sections III–V
- Part Three, Chapter 2
- Part Four, Chapter 1 + Chapter 2, Sections I–II
- Part Four, Chapter 2, Section III + Chapter 3
Find the quotes you need to support your essay, or refresh your memory of the book by reading these key quotes.
Test your knowledge of The Quiet American with quizzes about every section, major characters, themes, symbols, and more.
- Full Book Quiz
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in Marvel Quotes
A Roundup of the Funniest Great Gatsby Memes You'll Ever See
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary Jeopardy! Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
7 "Crazy" Women in Literature Who Were Actually Being Totally Reasonable
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?