This Side of Paradise is a novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald that was first published in 1920.
Read our full plot summary and analysis of This Side of Paradise, scene by scene break-downs, and more.
Summary & Analysis
- Book I, Chapter 1: Amory, Son of Beatrice
- Book I, Chapter 2: Spires and Gargoyles
- Book I, Chapter 3: The Egotist Considers
- Book I, Chapter 4: Narcissus Off Duty
- Interlude, May 1917 - February 1919
- Book II, Chapter 1: The Debutante
- Book II, Chapter 2: Experiments in Convalescence
- Book II, Chapter 3: Young Irony
- Book II, Chapter 4: The Supercilious Sacrifice
- Book II, Chapter 5: The Egotist Becomes a Personage
- Overall Analysis
- Full Book Summary
Go further in your study of This Side of Paradise with background information, movie adaptations, and links to the best resources around the web.
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in Marvel Quotes
A Roundup of the Funniest Great Gatsby Memes You'll Ever See
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary Jeopardy! Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
7 "Crazy" Women in Literature Who Were Actually Being Totally Reasonable
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?