"The Martian Chronicles" is a short story Ray Bradbury that was first published in 1950.
Read our full plot summary and analysis of The Martian Chronicles, scene by scene break-downs, and more.
Summary & Analysis
- "Rocket Summer"; "Ylla"; "The Summer Night"; "The Earth Men"; "The Taxpayer"; "The Third Expedition"
- "--And the Moon Be Still as Bright"
- "The Settlers"; "The Green Morning"; "The Locusts"; "Night Meeting"; "The Shore"; "Interim"; "The Musicians"
- "Way in the Middle of the Air"; "The Naming of Names"; "Usher II"
- "The Old Ones"; "The Martian"; "The Luggage Store"; "The Off Season"; "The Watchers"
- "The Silent Towns"; "The Long Years"
- "There Will Come Soft Rains"; "The Million-Year Picnic"
- Full Book Summary
Test your knowledge of The Martian Chronicles with quizzes about every section, major characters, themes, symbols, and more.
- Full Book Quiz
Go further in your study of The Martian Chronicles with background information, movie adaptations, and links to the best resources around the web.
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in Marvel Quotes
A Roundup of the Funniest Great Gatsby Memes You'll Ever See
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary Jeopardy! Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
7 "Crazy" Women in Literature Who Were Actually Being Totally Reasonable
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?