Read a brief overview of the historical period, or longer summaries of major events.
- Brief Overview
- Post-Roman Europe I: Italy and Southern Gaul From Theodoric to the Lombards (488-600)
- Eastern Rome from Marcian to Justin: Doorstep of Byzantium (450-527)
- From Eastern Roman Revanche to Byzantium under Siege I: Justinian I (527-565)
- From Eastern Roman Revanche to Byzantium under Siege II: Justin II to Heraclius (565-641)
- Islamic Expansion and Political Evolution, 632-1000
- From Roman Gaul to the Merovingian Kingdom of the Franks (450-511)
- Clovis' Sons and Creeping Merovingian Anarchy (511-640)
- Charlemagne and the Carolingian State(s) to 843
- End of the First European Order: Foreign Invasions, Carolingian Obsolescence, and Doorstep of the High Middle Ages (840s-950s)
- Political Arrangements in Europe towards the Second Millennium
- Christianity, 325-650s: Conversion, the Papacy, and Monasticism I
- Christianity, 650s-950s: Conversion, the Papacy, and Monasticism II
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in Marvel Quotes
A Roundup of the Funniest Great Gatsby Memes You'll Ever See
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary Jeopardy! Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
7 "Crazy" Women in Literature Who Were Actually Being Totally Reasonable
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?