Bridge to Terabithia is a novel by Katherine Paterson that was first published in 1977.
Read our full plot summary and analysis of Bridge to Terabithia, scene by scene break-downs, and more.
Summary & Analysis
- Chapter 1: Jesse Oliver Aarons, Jr.
- Chapter 2: Leslie Burke
- Chapter 3: The Fastest Kid in the Fifth Grade
- Chapter 4: Rulers of Terabithia
- Chapter 5: The Giant Killers
- Chapter 6: The Coming of Prince Terrien
- Chapter 7: The Golden Room
- Chapter 8: Easter
- Chapter 9: The Evil Spell
- Chapter 10: The Perfect Day
- Chapter 11: No!
- Chapter 12: Stranded
- Chapter 13: Building the Bridge
Here's where you'll find analysis of the literary devices in Bridge to Terabithia, from the major themes to motifs, symbols, and more.
Find the quotes you need to support your essay, or refresh your memory of the book by reading these key quotes.
Test your knowledge of Bridge to Terabithia with quizzes about every section, major characters, themes, symbols, and more.
- Full Book Quiz
Get ready to ace your Bridge to Terabithia paper with our suggested essay topics, helpful essays about historical and literary context, a sample A+ student essay, and more.
Go further in your study of Bridge to Terabithia with background information, movie adaptations, and links to the best resources around the web.